Monday, September 12, 2011

The Barker's

Hello Everyone!


I hope everyone is having a good summer, almost over isn't it. YEAH! I am ready for some fall weather myself. Just thought I would update you guys on what's going on with Mitch and I.


Myself- I am still trying to keep a healthy lifestyle and lose weight..apparently is a very slow process BUT now that I've really started losing, I feel encouraged to press on. I've lost almost 25ish. Sure is easier to put it on, isn't it! I started with changing my eating habits and walking, and Wii fit and now have moved up to Zumba and am trying to do cardio 3 x a week, at least! My sister Kellie is a great inspiration to me as well as some friends of ours ( Tim and Stacie Taggert ) They are exercise machines! Zumba is a lot of fun and the time does pass pretty quickly, unfortunately I have learned I am extremely uncoordinated! I am about to join weight watchers..just for a few months or so to learn some new things and then I think I'll move on. From what I know it is basically like calorie counting and I had been doing that. It's kind of a pain to keep up with but it's amazing how much you learn from doing it. I am also working really hard on getting my business Gorgeous-Glamour to grow. It's been a slow process and is very hard when you work full time (and a part time job) but I hope it will happen and will grow so much, that it one day becomes my only job. I've also stopped working on my children's books, but hope to get back to that soon.


Mitch had been in physical therapy for his "Famila Spastic Paralysis" and is taking a break from it for now...but we are continuing at home (we need to do better!) He has weights that he uses and we do stretches at home. The swimming pool has been a big help too....wish we could get an indoor one!!! That would be awesome!! He is about to start helping with the media team at church and is looking forward to it! I think it will be good for him and am excited to see him get involved in something new.


We love our new church and are trying to get plugged in serving!
As far as a baby, well....it's been a struggle. We try, then we stop trying, then we try, then we stop. ONLY because doctor's advice. It's hard with my diabetes..as it is under control and has been most of the time I have had it, the doctor we are seeing wants it at a normal range (instead of the almost normal range it is now) because it's harder to control while pregnant. I feel I'm getting too old to try anymore, but then I see women my age having kids, and I don't think that about them....I guess we shall see what happens. We definitely still plan on adopting as well, maybe sooner then I had planned!


Mitch is still with CVS and trying to take some courses on computers so he can take the Microsoft language classes (don't know exactly what there called) and I am still with my little Meryn.


Now Sampson, he is a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has been having some aggressive behaviors (more than normal) and we had taken him to this vet. Same office we normally go to but unfortunately different doctor. He said he thinks Sampson is aggressive because of a brain tumor...uhhmm He didn't even touch Sampson, no x rays, barely looked at him. So, while I'm freaking out, holding my little baby for dear life, I am thinking "you haven't even checked him out". In any case, we fully believe it is behavior and not a tumor. Samps has been in "Mommies boot camp". He has done VERY well the last week or so. I am very pleased and have hope he is going to be OK. I couldn't live without coming home to my Sampson and his smothering me with love!


That's it on us for now........ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment