Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A little healthy info on Vitamins and which ones to take....

   I have spent a lot of time researching and learning what vitamins I should and shouldn't take. There are soo many out there, You could spend your whole day taking pills! This is the advice I follow and have learned, mostly from Dr Oz...who I adore!
Read the blog and let me know what you think.
http://www.doctoroz.com/
  
    * Prenatal: Because I am trying to get pregnant! But ladies, you can take it even if you are not. It is a GREAT multi-vitamin and it sure does help your hair and nails grow! Guys, there are plenty of good multivitamins for you to take as well, it is very important!

   * Vitamin D. From my understanding, this is one of the number one things you can do to help prevent certain types of cancers!

Dr oz recommends "
For all ages, Dr. Oz recommends a daily dose of 400 IU (and perhaps even as high as 1000 IU)."

 * Your doctor can test you to check your levels, I HIGHLY recommend this next time you get blood work.
(they may automatically do it).

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/daily-dose-vitamin-d

   * Vitamin C   We all know the benefits of Vitamin C. Here is some info I found on Dr Oz's site:

"In addition to its role in collagen manufacture, vitamin C is also critical to immune function, the manufacture of certain nerve transmitting substances and hormones, and the absorption and utilization of other nutritional factors. Vitamin C is also a very important nutritional antioxidant." Dr Michael T Murry-found on Dr oz web site.


Also, check out this link for more information on what vitamin c can do you for:

http://www.sharecare.com/question/role-vitamin-c-in-body

   * Fish oil Omega 3 is sooo good for you. I take two to three pills a day. Your doctor can tell you what's right for you. They have them in chewable also! There are different types of Omegas, this is the one I chose to take for now. I know it is soo good for your heart, helps keep your cholesterol in check AND Ive heard from several people that while your losing weight, it helps keep your skin tight...not sure if that's true, but it couldn't hurt! Since my dad had heart disease, I want to try and strength my heart (exercise!) and do everything I can to reduce my chances of getting it as well.

  * Also, I do recommend taking other supplements to help try and fight off certain diseases..such as Mitch takes Lutein which promotes eye health. His grandfather has macular degeneration and since Mitch will have a greater chance of getting it, we've added this to his regimen as well. It's so hard to find time to research, but worth it.

I hope mine has helped you along your way.
  * This is all my opinion, please consult your doctor/nutritionist as  I am not certified/license/trained in any way. They can also tell you how much is too much, as taking too many pills can lead to problems also.

I do believe it is best to get the majority of your nutrients through food but that's not always possible. Load up on fruits and vegetables and you can't go wrong!! Don't forget to exercise, even if you don't need to lose weight to strengthen your heart and keep that flexibility as time marches on...

I love healthy tips so send any you have to my email at kerriedbarker@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment